I know this sounds crazy, but you can barely taste the pumpkin, if at all, and they are SOOO good. I live at 6000 ft, so I will try to notate lower elevation modifications.
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup sugar (You can also sub xylitol or 1/2 cup agave: it’ll be a bit less cakey with liquid sweetener though!)
- 1 packet stevia (or 1 more tbsp agave or sugar)
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not the pumpkin pie mix!)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp milk of choice (I generally use coconut or rice milk)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (not optional!)
Combine dry ingredients, and mix very well. Combine wet ingredients, then mix into dry. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. You can double the recipe for a 9x13 pan. Bake for 23-28 minutes at 350 degrees F. At lower altitudes, bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and frost if desired or eat straight from the pan!