Posted On: 03/27/2015 at 12:24 PM
All credit to Dulfy -
Steam replay: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/642258148 (up to about 37:20 I think)
- Citadel in Alpine borderlands had crafting stations, will they be in the desert borderlands map too?
- Yes, we just put them in
- Jumping puzzles in the new map?
- We have decided to not to put them in so it is nice for people who want to separate the two
- Flat space for guilds to fight?
- Yes definitely, also rocky areas as well
- How set in stone is the decision to replace the alphine borderlands with the new desert borderlands map?
- Very set in stone
- Population cap for desert borderlands map same as alpine borderlands map?
- Yes roughly the same, we are aiming for similar numbers
- Any underwater areas?
- Some small ponds but they are drastically reduced. There is also something hidden inside one of the pods.
- Ruins/Bloodlust in this map?
- These were exclusive to the alpine borderlands map and not featured in the desert borderlands
- Towers are blocking important paths, are they blocking only path or the shortest path?
- Shortest path
- What are the travel times compared to the old map?
- If you own objectives, it is about the same. If you don’t, it is going to be longer
- With introduction of more verticality into the map, are there thoughts to limit the fall damage?
- Yes there is only really one area where you can fall to you death
- Will shrines have a period where they can’t be captured after being recently captured?
- Yes they will have a 3 min timer so they can be flipped more often
- Shrines distance from keeps?
- They are all outside the keeps and equal distance from it
- Will shrine effects immediately deactivated after an enemy capture it?
- Yes it is currently immediate
- Will golems get effects from shrines?
- Yes golems will gain them just like regular players
- What are some things that small roamer groups would be interested in?
- Shrines, supply camps, oasis event in the center of the map
- Earth walls are set to pop up as players approach, it is possible to use teleport skills to bypass these
- Yes you can bypass them
- Earth walls will let defenders through?
- No but defenders can use portals to get pass them easily.
- Can players use jump pads if they don’t control the shrine?
- They cannot but they can use other methods to reach the same place (i.e. climb stairs). Jump pads just present the shortest way
- Will the immune to fall damage shrine effect put you in combat after you land?
- No it won’t so you can run away at full speed. This also means that fall damage effects like knockdown etc won’t trigger.
- What are some things you learned from EoTM or the old alpine maps you used in this map?
- Making each objective more different to keep the experience fresher for longer
- Keeps/towers now have a killbox area for defenders with walkways that extend out from the gate to give the defenders a little more advantage.
- Fire keep inferno egg have a limited number of uses?
- It will despawn for a min after a player used it. In general you can have 10-15 uses of the egg.
- Will Inferno dogs have some sort of cc removal/stability to prevent them from being stunlocked by enemy teams?
- Yes they will, they also have this mistform thingie.
- What is the pacing for Oasis central event?
- Happens every 3 hrs, lasts for 1 hr but generally only takes 15-20 mins to complete. The central weapon will deal damage for a couple mins. If you have wood gates they will get destroyed if you don’t repair it but metal/stone gates will probably hold.
- Will moving power cells be shown on the map if the carrier is stealth?
- No right now you cannot see them
- How many times does the shield generator projectile bounce?
- Generally 3 times
- Will the shield wall block projectiles and players?
- Just player movement like line of warding.
GW2 - Dyaon - Asura Engineer and many others!
WoW - Padwarle