Ban Saighdiuir de na Sailetheach
GW2: Medori.7285 ESO: @Medori-Rose
Posted On: 12/26/2016 at 10:35 AM
I have a few questions I'm hoping someone can help me with or point me toward a good YouTube video, etc.
1. Planar Attunement - any suggestions for a Two-Handed Warrior - now knowing how many points I get, how should I distribute them? Should I concentrate on only a few Planes? Which ones?
2. Macros - any good videos out there?
As always, thanks for your help!
Tiarna de na Fhiaigh Corcra
GW2: Jairone.6270 ESO: @Ytterin
Replied On: 12/26/2016 at 04:05 PM
Start with things that boost your class stats. Then hit the mixed tier you unlock. From there, take another element to max and fill in that mixed tier. Repeat.
Alternatively you can aim to fill each node to unlock certain things if you'd rather. For example, focus on unlocking each rift port function if you like.
You should have enough to fill everything eventually, assuming you play to that point.
Macros: There's a few rules for macros, but if you want easy then there's plenty of sources to copy from. If you want to make your own:
1. show x (where x is the ability name or item) links that icon to the macro, or you can use one of the other icons in the macro icon window.
2. Always use suppressmacrofailures to keep from getting a ton of notices.
3. Put cooldown functions at the top, anything without a cooldown is the end of your macro.
4. @gtae, self, focus, target, mark are the important modifiers for abilities. For example, if you have @gtae and use a ground target aoe ability, it casts where your mouse is at that time. So for interrupts you could set it up to have a focus target that you interrupt with @focus cast (interrupt.)
5. You can drag abilities out of your ability list, and it will automatically fill in cast x ability.
If you have macro questions, you should likely either find a warrior using the build, read up on forums, or learn to make them. There's a link in the pin in Rift channel on discord of what Fog posted for the macro rules.
Without fail the truth will come out. We know!
You can stop licking your fingers. The signs that you ate our smores are all over your face.
Bandraoi de na Ulchabhan Corcra
GW2: Briseadh.7386 ESO: @Briseadh
Replied On: 12/28/2016 at 12:28 PM
I think Fog's pinned info in the Rift Discord channel will be a good place to start for macros.
With the planar attunement Jairone covered that well. Eventually you will have enough points for all of them, but it takes some time. I found that there is usually two that really work with your class and choice of weapons or at least they are pretty close. I would max those out first. The others are good to work on over time to get it so you can pull up major rifts instead of minor ones or get it so you can call raid members to that Rift type. Point wise I'm only closing in on 500 and I have two attunements maxed and two into the 2nd part.
I think earth might be one of the ones that is good for a warrior as it is seems more set to a melee character. I can't remember the other one off the top of my head. The cool thing is you can see what each visible item will do even if you haven't earned it yet. The fun thing is finding the non-visible things that pop up as you put points out along a line from the center.
Go for 'G' rated. I dare you! =D Your words carry far more weight and power than you will ever know. Never expect people to take them the same way either.
Don't mess with the Mama Bear or her cubs (aka this family). =D