Posted On: 07/27/2016 at 09:19 AM
2nd Annual SORC Hide-And-Seek for Gold!
That's right! It's almost time, once again, to scour the mountains, plains and depths of Tyria for Smitty as he hides around the world and gives YOU clues on where to find him! Be the first to find Smitty, give him the correct emote, and YOU will win GOLD!
This year we will play on Friday, 9/2 at 6pm PT / 9pm ET. Smitty's Birthday!
Players will gather at Cornucopian Fields Waypoint in Gendarran Fields, just north of Lion's Arch.
Discord (http://gsch.info/ce) will be used to give out the clues. Screenshots will be taken with the winners and a post-event recap will be made for all to enjoy!
How to play
There will be 10 (ten) games, and 1 (one) consolation prize game worth 100 (one hundred) gold each!
- At the start of each game, an emote will be given.
- Each game will consist of 5 clues provided in 2 minute increments.
- The first player to determine where Smitty is hiding, and perform the appropriate emote in front of him will win the prize for that game.
- In the event of a tie, Smitty will provide a waypoint. First player to arrive at that waypoint wins.
- If Smitty is not found within the 10 minute time limit, the prize for that game will be rolled over to the next round.
- If you have won a round, you can not win again.
- This includes the "Consolation Prize" game
- There will be a "Consolation Prize" game at the conclusion of the event
- Gold will be sent via in-game mail after the conclusion of the event
Official Rules *
- Main Game
- Smitty, as “Sif Ellisdottir”, will hide in 10 Locations around the Guild Wars 2 Map
- Smitty will NOT hide in private instances
- e.g. Eir's Homestead in Hoelbrak, Dungeons, Raids, Captain's Airship
- WvW maps WILL be included this year
- HoT maps WILL be included this year
- Each game will be 10 minutes long
- 100 (one hundred) Gold will be awarded if Smitty is found in the time limit and the correct emote is given
- The specific emote required will be given before each timed game begins
- 5 clues will be provided in 2 minute increments
- Timer will start after the first clue is read
- Clues will be given only ONCE over Discord. The clue will NOT be typed in chat.
- If Smitty is not found in 10 minutes, the Gold rolls over to the next game
- In the event of a tie, a tie-breaker "waypoint" will be specified. First to arrive wins.
- "Consolation Prize" game
- Conditions for winning will be told before "Consolation Prize" game begins
- 100 Gold will be awarded if the conditions for winning are met
- Please note this COULD be up to 1100 Gold if previous games were not won
Here's hoping to see everyone come out and have an awesome time, discover more of Tyria, and most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Good luck and HAPPY HUNTING!
* Please note, these rules may be modified at any point before the start of the event