Posted On: 05/01/2013 at 03:37 PM
Welcome to GSCH!
For those of you just joining us this month let me start off by saying Cead Mile Failte! Welcome to the family. By now you're probably thinking what in the world did I get myself into or you're trying to drink from the eternal Gaiscioch firehose that is our website. Don't be alarmed what you're feeling is normal. Gaiscioch has 13 years of gathering information, refining processes, and optimizing management to be efficient in large scale situations. Most smaller clans or guilds don't have to worry about things we do.
Chapter 4: Guild Wars 2
Receiving an Invite (Joining)
To join the Gaiscioch Family in Guild Wars 2 you must first register to the Gaiscioch.com website. You will need to acquire a "secret word" from one of our existing members or by contacting us through our Contact Us page. This acts as a verbal captcha and prevents evil doers from getting into our system too easy. Once you have the secret word go to the Member Registration page and fill in your information to join.
When filling out your profile make sure to fill in your playstyle preference, and your ArenaNet.ID. You can find your ArenaNet.ID by pressing Y in game and looking to the top of the window. My ArenaNet.ID is Foghladha.2506, yours should look similar.
Once you have imported your ArenaNet.ID and have selected which playstyles you join and the timeframe you play most at our system will add you to the invite list with people who share your playstyle preference and timeframe of choice. Within 24 hours you should receive an invite in game which will appear on the bottom left of your guild panel (Press G).
Lastly, we do ask that all members call Sanctum of Rall home. We do allow guesting but those who live off server will not be able to hold a spot in our roster in game due to size restrictions.
Roster Management (Revolving Door)
The Gaiscioch Family works on a Revolving door system for Roster Management. Being the game limits us to 500 people per guild and there is no alliance system yet, we are forced to rotate players based on activity into the in game roster.
How this works:
- Out: Player who has been away from game the longest
- In: Newest or Returning Player
What to do if you need to be reinvited:
- Go to Gaiscioch.com
- Under "Command Center" look for the "Guild Wars 2" section.
- If Chapter is "Joined" Click "Request Reinvite" or Click "Join Chapter"
- An invite will be sent out to you by the next available elder.
Being rotated off the active roster does not affect your standing in the family. It is merely a necessity so our house doesn't fill up with afk accounts when there are players playing right now that need those slots.
Representing the Family in Guild Wars 2
The process for joining a guild in Guild Wars 2 is quite complicated. Where most games send you an invite and you click "Yes" or "Accept" and your done, Guild Wars 2 offers a multi-guild system which adds another layer to things. First there are some things you must know about guilds in Guild Wars 2:
- You can only represent 1 guild at a time
- You can only read guild chat from the guild you are currently representing
- You may only have 5 guilds at any time, this includes guilds you have not accepted or denied the invite too.
That said once you've registered to Gaiscioch.com and filled in your Guild Wars 2 profile including your ArenaNet.ID you will recieve an invite to our family in game.
If your logged in at the time you will see this box appear in the top left of your screen:
If not follow these simple instructions:
- Press "G" to open your Guild Panel.
- Click on "Gaiscioch na Rall" in the bottom left under "Invites" on the Guild Panel.
- Click "Join" on the bottom center of your Guild Panel. [See Picture]
- Click "Gaiscioch na Rall" on the top left under "Account Guilds".
- Click "Represent" on the bottom center of your Guild Panel. [See Picture]
Our House (Guild Structure)
As mentioned in the March 2015 Gaiscioch Ceannard Notes our Guild Wars 2 chapter is rapidly outgrowing the guild limit cap. It is because of this that we have reactivated 2 Lobby rooms to try to provide an organized way of getting reinvites to Gaiscioch na Rall without needing elder support. Here is our current house structure.
Gaiscioch na Rall
(Activity Room - Currently Online Members)
"Who's Playing Now"
Gaiscioch na Morrigan
(Lobby - Used to Locate & Request Gaiscioch na Rall Invites)
"Who's Playing Recently"
Gaiscioch na Anu
(Lobby - Used to Locate & Request na Rall Invites)
"Who's Playing Recently"
These 2 rooms Gaiscioch na Morrigan and Gaiscioch na Anu will serve as a way for you to see which commanders or elders are online for a quick invite to Gaiscioch na Rall. Rall will be rotated based on who is currently online and who is offline the longest so if at any time you find you need a Gaiscioch na Rall invite follow the following directions.
- Open your guild pane "Press G"
- Sort the guild roster by the first icon (Green Square)
- Message any Ceannard, Elder, or Commander and ask for a Gaiscioch na Rall invite
- Once the Invite arrives click on "Gaiscioch na Rall" and click "Join"
- Click on "Gaiscioch na Rall" and click "Represent"
Gaiscioch na Rall (Main Room)
Members will receive invites to this room by following the steps above. This is where all activities will happen and where members should represent when representing Gaiscioch. The lobbies will only be used as a way for players to identify and request Rall invites. Things to note:
- The roster will be rotating as needed. This may develop into a roster rotation where players who have not logged in for the past few hours may be removed if population demands.
- Being removed from Gaiscioch na Rall DOES NOT AFFECT your standing in the family. Think of it as a party room. When you leave the party you leave the house, when you come back you come back into the house. We can't squeeze a thousand people in the house at the same time. Anyone who is offline will be rotated out as needed based on how long they've been offline. ATM this will be about 20 days offline. But as the expansion nears and population grows it can become 1 day offline.
- If you need an invite follow the instructions above.
- Elders are not required to receive invites. Any Approved Commander can invite to Rall
Please be sure that you are only in 1 of the 2 Lobbies. You should Either be in Gaiscioch na Anu OR Gaiscioch na Morrigan, Not both.
If you find you are in both or receive invites to both please choose 1 and decline the other.
Transferring off Server
As of 11/14/2014, due to Megaservers and the increased interest in PvE activities, we have decided to allow players who have transferred off Sanctum of Rall to be a part of the family with a few conditions:
- No player should ever represent GSCH on another server in WvW.
This causes the rumor mill to ignite that we are transfering off SOR and quite honestly Gaiscioch belongs on SOR as we are a tribute to Roger "Oldroar" Rall. This is simply so we can avoid screenshots and posts like this one from circulating tarnishing our resolve and reputation.
- If the day comes roster slots are in short order off server players will be asked to resign their slot to a member on SOR.
While we want to keep our family open for everyone if the day comes we are hurting for roster slots we will need to fill every slot with a player on SOR. At that time we will approach the orange named folks to give up their roster slot. This does not affect your standing in the family and you will be able to continue participating and leading pve events for the family.
Now with this in mind, if we do encounter problems with a person representing GSCH on a foreign server in WvW we will remove them from the ingame roster and remove their right to join the family in game. Again this will not affect your standing in the family, we just must protect our reputation and the name of Roger "Oldroar" Rall.
We want to encourage our members to find their happiness even if its on foreign soil but not at the cost of tarnishing our name.
- Representing Gaiscioch in PvE is OK.
- Representing Gaiscioch in Foreign WvW is not OK.
If you can abide by that policy then feel free to click that request re-invite button and just remember not to represent when in WvW.
Players who are off server can:
- Claim Leadership for PvE Events
- Claim Participation for PvE Events
- Order Items from the Marketplace
Gaiscioch is not a Guild Wars 2 Guild, We are a community that plays Guild Wars 2 together. The Guild Tag above your head in game does not determine if you are a member of this family. What determines your a member of this family is if you are registered to this site and actively participate with the family. I am less concerned with the tag above your head and more concerned with if you're enjoying yourself in the game.
The Gaiscioch Social Gaming Community is a community events focused community. For more than a decade people have come to know us as an inclusive community that allows the entire server to join us in our adventures without requiring guild representation.
In Guild Wars 2 some Raiding style content was introduced early 2013 in the form of Guild Missions. For the mass majority of the Sanctum of Rall server getting to be able to participate in these is quite a challenge. The cost to the Guild is vast and the opportunity is rare. We being as fortunate as we are managed to unlock guild missions in 5 guilds in the same time most guilds managed to get the Guild Challenge unlocked. We converted Gaiscioch to SOR Community Events [SORC] to act as a temporary guild for community events.
Why SOR Community Events [SORC] you might ask? Well when we were thinking about it several things came up.
- The Integrity of the Gaiscioch brand. By inviting the entire server to the guild, even if temporarily puts the family at risk of having a troll of misbehaving guest tarnish our good reputation.
- Being Inclusive but not Invasive. We wanted something that made people feel part of the whole, not forced to be part of a guild they did not wish to be a part of. SORC is descriptively named to allow people to join during events without forcing them to join GSCH.
Our commitment to our server communities comes first and foremost. Even more so being the server is named after our dear friend Roger. It is our goal, and mission to continue to provide players with an experience they can not get anywhere else. We seek to create enjoyable events which act as a catalyst for friendships and memories.
Being there is no sign of an Alliance system or Custom Chat Channels coming to Guild Wars 2 to date we have made a recent change (July 2013) to get all of our most active members into a single room together in the form of Gaiscioch na Rall. This should help bridge the communication issues we've been having. If you need an invite to Gaiscioch na Rall please log into Gaiscioch.com visit the homepage and click "Request Reinvite" and an invite will be sent out to you shortly.
Guild & Voice Communication
The Gaiscioch Family is a world wide social gaming community which provides a family friendly environment for players of all ages to enjoy the games we play. To respect our family's' little eyes and ears we ask that all members keep public discussion in guild channels, alliance channels, public chat channels, and in voice services PG at all times. We have however made special adults only, mature, or pub channels for respectful adult conversation available in GameVox. Be respectful and don't teach our little Gaiscioch Jr's a new vocabulary. Feel free to join us on GameVox by downloading it at: http://gsch.info/voice
For WvW Communication:
Please be sure to make use of our servers Teamspeak server at ts.sanctumofrall.com for all WvW related communication. It is important that we take part in the WvW community and introduce our families lifestyle to all who follow us and present a welcoming front to our server.
Guild Missions are a fun and easy way to earn Family Honor Points in our family. All of our Guild Mission events are run in SOR Community Events [SORC]. The points awarded for these missions have been inflated to award people for coming even if there isn't a personal reward involved.
In Guild Wars 2 there are 5 types of Guild Missions:
- Guild Treks - Requires 10 People - An overkill version of hide and seek. For each tier of this you have to find a certain number of gold shiny circles in over 180 different places across Tyria. Tier 1: 5 Locations, Tier 2: 10 Locations, Tier 3: 20 Locations in 15 minutes.
- Guild Bounties - Requires 10 People - Hunt & Kill certain targets across all zones in the game. Number of targets is determined by tier of the mission. Tier 1: 2 Bounties, Tier 2: 3 Bounties, Tier 3: 6 Bounties in 10 Minutes.
- Guild Rush - Requires 10 People - In a guild rush we need to get 15 people from start to finish in transformed form. Each race changes players into a different type of creature and gives them a unique set of skills.
- Guild Puzzles - Requires 20 People - You thought jumping puzzles were fun? What if you had to depend on others to complete them? Guild Puzzles require cooperation from many people to be able to complete this challenging events.
- Guild Challenges - Requires 30 People - These are like Meta Events increasing difficulty after each stage. Guilds must defeat the goal before time expires.
The personnel requirements are our internal guidelines for commanders to lead these type of missions. If the do not meet the required personnel they will not be able to do those type of missions.
Being a commander in the Gaiscioch family is a huge responsibility. Every time you fly that blue icon above your head you represent our family and everything we stand for. If you act out of ego, self benefit, hate, anger, or spite it directly reflects our family as a whole. This is why Gaiscioch carefully selects members who we believe are shining examples of what a Gaiscioch should be to wear this icon in our name. Whether the users were given a book as a token of achievement for their leadership abilities in our family or if they funded their own book the below members act as official representatives of our family to the server community as a whole. These are the people in charge of hosting our families large scale public events.
Active Official Family Commanders:
Commanders In Training:
Gaiscioch Vault Policy & Configuration
We encourage all who want to join these members in earning their commander book to lead by example, and host events without the book in the way you would with it. When we feel you are ready for the commitment and responsibility that comes with being a commander you will be presented with one at our monthly Gaiscioch Family Summit. I also highly encourage anyone that wants to lead at all to read: Commanding in Guild Wars 2 - The Gaiscioch Way by Foghladha.
Up till now if you took Chaos and Divided it by Zero you would have the GSCH Vault in Guild Wars 2. It's a freakin mess to say the least. So lets put some things in Order! Here's the plan that Izzy, Myself, and a few brave lads and lasses will try to keep running smoothly.
Gaiscioch na Rall
- Guild Stash - Siege Weapon Donations for Commanders, Elder Wood, Mithril Ore
- Treasure Trove - Off the Books (No Credit) Unused Crafting Materials, Recipes, Dye, Rare items
- Deep Cave - Runes, Sigils, Seals, and Medallions
Only Commanders will have access to the Guild Stash in Gaiscioch na Rall. Everyone will have access to the other 2 sections.
"It's not the loot and accolades you walk away with,
it’s the memories and friendships that you cherish forever."