Posted On: 09/14/2015 at 02:34 PM
Some of you may notice a new box on the right side of the homepage filled with epic loot. I'm in process of plugging everything in and testing this new system that will allow us a way to trade game keys for Contribution points using our extra Family Vault Credits. In addition this system supports pretty much putting anything in there. I can list a cat if i wanted to. For now i'm going to limit it to game keys from Beta Keys, Steam, GOG, or uPlay but as I get more donations from people I'll be expanding the options.
How Items Are Priced
Items within the Loot Vault are limited in quantity and thus the prices are high.
For beta keys a base price of 100,000 Family Vault Credits are required. This is then divided by the number of keys we have available. So if we have 20 keys available each is priced at 5,000 Family Vault Credits. If we have 2 keys available they are priced at 50,000. For donated Beta Keys you will receive 250 Contribution per key claimed.
For game keys we calculate 1,000 Family Vault Credits for retail dollar on the standard price of the game based on the network it is sold. So if a copy of a game is listed in the form of a GOG.com code the price is checked and matched accordingly from GOG.com. So a $10 game would be 10,000 Family Vault Credits. That said if you do manage to score one of these games on discount or in a free giveaway you can donate it and still get 500 Contribution per dollar value.
For physical goods we elevate the cost to 2,000 per dollar in value. The donor will be in charge of covering shipping cost, and the reward granted is 50% the Family Vault Credit value. So a $10 mailed item would cost 20,000 Family Vault Credits and award the donor 10,000 Contribution. Physical Goods are limited to members within the United States only. (Sorry guys I'm not going to ask people to deal with customs.)
Gettings to the Vault
This menu will open up upon completion of the system.
- Click on "Marketplace" on main navigation
- A new sub navigation bar will appear. Mouse over or click on "The Loot Vault"
Shopping for Loot
- Browse the Loot Vault for an item you'd like to purchase then click "Buy Now"
- You will be presented with the Game Key or Beta Code requested on the next page. Follow the instructions given to claim your code.
- IF You chose a physical item, you will be required to include your mailing address for us to ship your item.
This system will be online soon.
- To donate a spare unused game key go to the Donate Item form
- Fill in the required boxes and click submit.
- Your donation will be reviewed and cleared for distribution
- You will be awarded Contribution points upon the successful completion of the transaction.
Problems with your order?
If for some reason you run into a problem with your order, fill out the Report a Problem form and we'll check to ensure the key is right or issue a refund to your Family Vault Credits.
Please note, submitting fake or already used keys will go on your record and if it happens to often your access to the vault will be prohibited. We do not want to try to game our family. This system is in place to help family members reward one another for being an active part of Gaiscioch.
- Planning Phase: Completed
- Database Creation: Completed
- Vault Listing Page: Completed
- Homepage View: Completed
- Navigation Links: Completed
- Buy Now Script: Completed
- Comment on Purchase: Completed
- Donate Item Form: Completed
- Report a Problem: Completed
- My Loot Vault: Completed
- Retrieve Claimed Key Page: Completed
- Develop Guide & Video: In Progress
"It's not the loot and accolades you walk away with,
it’s the memories and friendships that you cherish forever."